Through this long term exchange programme ICDE-India reaches out to young people who wish to widen their horizons in a crucial period of their lives, when critical choices are made about one’s own future.
ICDE- India offers young people a worldwide experience based on international learning programme. The emphasis of this experience is on promoting international voluntary services as meaningful alternative to addressing social and educational, social and cultural differences, their self-confidence and problem solving abilities.
Anyone aged between 18-27 years are eligible to participate in this programme.
No prior experience is required of participants. Just energy, enthusiasm, and motivation to face the challenge of being confronted with something new, as well as to learn more about themselves and the world they live in.
For ICDE-India, it is very important that during the exchange programme participants are cared for as a individuals who have personal needs, hopes and fears that are unique, that they are supported in becoming involved in voluntary service and other educational activities, and that they make adjustments and share the lifestyle of their host family and community, while they actively participate in ICYE programmes events
ICDE National committees with world wide network of co-workers carefully select, prepare and match programme participants, host families and projects. Initial and on-going personal support is provided to all volunteers. These include;
- Pre-departure inter cultural introductory courses. Click Here
- An orientation and language course upon arrival in the host Country. Click Here
- On going counselling to volunteers from their respective hosts and project staff Click Here
- Mid term Evaluation and final evaluation conference. Click Here
Voluntary work placements are provided in
- Community Development Projects
- Working with Children, Youth, Elderly
- Drug Rehabilitation Centre
- Women Development Projects
- Environmental protection and Education
- Health care centre
ICDE program encourages participants to learn Indian Dance, Music, Yoga, Meditations, Languages, etc…..
To participate on this program please contact the ICYE office in your home country